Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Romance: Better Luck Next Year

I've mentioned it before. I don't particularly like summer. It's too hot and it makes me miserable. Summers used to be awesome when I was little. It meant no school and all day to goof off with friends. But those days have come and gone. And now I'm left feeling hot, sticky, sweaty, and angry.

But summer does hold a stupid little ideal with me. The idea of the summer romance. Granted, I'm no expert on the matter considering I've only had one or two in my life. But I do have a great imagination and that fills in the holes quite nicely. I don't know why I like the idea of a summer romance. Maybe it's the fact once the sun goes down and it's not so oppressively hot, then it's nice to go outside and play games or go for a walk or just lie down on the grass somewhere and talk. The nights are longer so you can spend more time together. And because of a little bit more free time, you can go somewhere and just be together.

It seems like every summer I hope for a romance of some kind. More often than not, it doesn't happen. It's not to say that I didn't enjoy my summer. But I think it would've been more awesome if I had found a guy to spend it with. But I guess I'm just going to have to wait till next year.

 There is that song, 'Boys of Summer' by the Eagles or the Ataris depending on what generation you belong to. It's about this guy who wants this girl but he knows he will get her only after all the boys of summer have left. I like this song and I (as silly as it sounds) like to imagine myself as that girl, that their is a guy out there just waiting to make his move. The only problem is I don't really have any 'boys of summer' right now.

So if there is a guy out there waiting to make his move, just make it already! I'm getting quite impatient. Summer is basically over but there is sometime also romantic about a fall romance. But don't wait till winter. There is nothing romantic about winter whatsoever.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment