Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Report

Christmas has come and gone. It was a pretty sweet day, no doubts about that. It was spent watching movies, going to the movies, watching football, cuddling with fluffy unicorns, eating tons of junk food, and dodging flying marshmallows.

Allow me to explain...

This year we started a new tradition. While we've always exchanged names within our family, this year we had to purchase a toy for our chosen family member. This was a great idea and I'm so glad we did this. My parents got me a fluffy white and pink unicorn a la Despicable Me. It was my favorite movie this summer and I begged my parents to get me a fluffy unicorn. I had completely forgotten about wanting one until I opened the bag and saw her. I really wish someone would have gotten a picture of my face. It was epic. Also, my sister Cindy got my dad a pump-action marshmallow shooter and a whole bag of mini marshmallows. This made opening gifts a bit perilous since at any moment, you could be pelted by flying marshmallows and forced to duck and cover. And I assure you, getting hit in the eye with a marshmallow that was shot out of a gun hurts more than it sounds like it would.

Later my dad, my mom, Cindy, and myself watched Despicable Me. My dad hadn't seen it but loved it. Cindy, mom, and I laughed through the whole thing. It's a freaking hilarious movie plus makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. There's a part where Gru is looking at his family tree portrait on the wall and the girls have drawn a line from Gru and added drawings of themselves underneath. Ohh, it breaks my heart! Not to mention the minions are so freaking funny! If you haven't seen this movie, go do it!

At ten last night, I went out with my bestie Jon and his brother Daniel and saw the movie True Grit. I was raised on John Wayne movies and the original True Grit is one of my favorites. But this masterful retelling by the Coen brothers is just fantastic! It's so freaking good! I'm going to add my thoughts about the film in a later post. There's just too much!

As Christmases go, this one was really awesome. I'm so very grateful for my family and for my friends for all the support and love they have given me.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment