Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where I Am Right Now

I'm trying a new background for my blog. I like it but we'll see if it gets on my nerves after a while.

Anyway, there are only ten more days in the semester and I am really feeling the crunch. I guess that happens when you don't really try for the first four weeks or so and then scrabble to pull up your grades. I don't know why it's been so hard for me to focus and do my work. Okay, that's a lie. I do know why. It's because of my lack of social interaction. It leaves me alone and depressed. And I'm never really in the mood to do homework when I'm alone and depressed, even though I really don't have anything else to do.

I have been writing more but since my last piece for my writing class was absolute shit, I haven't been really motivated to write more. I've been trying to write about my brother, Greg, but I don't really know how to write about him. I have all these small stories about him from us growing up together but I really don't know how to get them all together in a cohesive format. I have to make a portfolio for that writing class with three polished pieces. I'm screwed. The first piece I wrote wasn't too bad, the second was shit, and I haven't even begun the third. I don't know what I'm going to do.

My ethics class has been an interesting one. I love philosophy and I love to debate issues, but sometimes in this class it feels like I'm beating a dead horse. We all talk and discuss ourselves into circles without really getting anywhere. We also have mandatory volunteer hours due. Doesn't the term "mandatory volunteer" strike you as a paradox or at least ironic? It' part of our grade to volunteer for ten hours somewhere. I have done zero so far. Yep, I'm in trouble.

The funny/tragic thing is that this semester ends on the 23rd and the next semester starts the 24th. I'm not going to have a single day for a break in between. That sucks. So it goes.

This post has been rather random, I know. I just talked about school but really that's the only thing going on in my life right now. Hopefully my life become more exciting soon.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment