Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Almost-Lovers List

We all have them. Those guys or girls who we love from a distance; those almost-lovers. You try to sneak a secret glance at them. And when you make eye contact and both hold on to it a bit longer than normal, your heart jumps. And you wish for just one more glance, one more moment, just one more time you feel like there might be something between you two.

It seems like lately all I have are almost-lovers, a short list of guys I know from my school, my church, my past... Some of them I have personal conversations with. Some just secret glances and smiles. Some just a facebook comment or two. Some I love from such a distance, they probably don't know I'm here. None of them are aware I'm half in love with them. I don't think I'd ever make the first move to turn us from friends to lovers. Blame it on fear or being ladylike, but the majority of these guys will always remain on my list of almost-lovers.

I sometimes wonder if I'm the on anyone else's almost-lover list. It might just be wishful thinking but I hope I am, that there is someone somewhere who loves me from a distance. I hope there is a guy out there who wishes for one more glance, one more moment. I hope there is a guy who knows we would be good for each other.

And if there is a guy out there who loves me secretly, who considers me his almost-lover, I hope he will make that first move. That one day he will be brave enough to start a journey in turning us from friends to lovers. I hope I won't have to stay on his almost-lovers list forever.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment