Monday, May 24, 2010

Me and the J-Men

Today I was having a conversation via Facebook messages with my friend Leila and we happen to figure out that the names of the men in my life right now seem to all start with the letter J. I began to think about this and it gets creepier than that.

Right now there's a Joe, a Jon, a Jacob, a John, and a Josh. However, I've dated a Jason and a Jeremy, kissed a James and a Josh, spent the night with a Jim, had a crush on a Jay, a James, a Joe, a Jon, a Jared, a Jeff, a Jimmy, a Jacob, a Josh, a Jake, a Jesse, and a Jon, have been despised by a Jonathan, have been best friends with a Jacob, went to Sigma Chi formal with a Jorgen (Bug), played the love interest in a play opposite of a Jason, spent the summer hanging out with a Justin and a Josh, sat next to and flirted with a Joe in a class, was hit on continuously by a Jordan but I hated his guts, had to put up with a James who annoyed the hell out of me, and fell instantly in love with a James.

And keep in mind that each one of those names IS A SEPARATE PERSON!

do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do (twilight zone music)

Please don't tell me you don't find that a bit odd.
It's weird. And kind of creepy.

I'd really love to think of it all as a happy, humorous coincidence. But it's a bit too weird for me to really, truly believe it. But if it's not a coincidence, then what the hell does it mean???

I almost feel compelled to go over my life with a fine tooth comb and tally up all the first letters of names of guys in my life. But that may be a bit obsessive, right? And I have homework due tomorrow so maybe another time.

But, honestly, don't you think that's weird???

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment