Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Where No One Knows Me.

I want to leave this place and go somewhere completely new, where no one knows me.

The trouble is I've lived in Utah my entire life, 82% of that has been in Provo. Everyone here knows me, has a set definition of who I am. And that definition will never change. No matter if I try to change it or not, their idea of me is fixed, immovable. It's imprisoning, knowing you can never escape pre-made ideas and definitions of your identity, regardless if they're accurate or not.

That's why I want to leave. I want to go somewhere I've never been before, where no one knows me. I'll have true freedom once again. When I moved to Cedar City, I didn't know a single soul. There was this constant feeling of release from imprisoning pre-made definitions. People would learn who I was through slow discovery. And I, in turn, let them discover who I was. It was invigorating, inspiring.

I want that again. I want to go somewhere where there can be that discovery again. I want that freedom.

Love you.
Mean it.

1 comment: