Sunday, May 22, 2011

When Words Aren't Enough

I have always loved words. Words have this amazing power to create, to uplift, to influence, & do so much more. I have always trusted words & believed in their power. I've spent so much of my life reading words & writing words because I find such beauty in them.

I can see the beauty & potential of words. Words can change things and people in such powerful ways that it's never forgotten. Words can make people feel anger, love, joy, terror, heartache, agony, & so much more. That in itself is beautiful. It's creation & poetry & passion & freedom & life in all of their most beautiful forms. That's the power of words. That's what words can do.

I've experience the power & beauty of words on both sides, the creation & the reception of words. I write words and I receive the written words of others. But sometimes, mostly at night, words aren't enough. No mater how many read or how many I write, I still feel alone. And I feel helpless.

I try to help people feel less alone with my words. I try so hard to write words that when read will let someone know they are not alone. But sending out that message is so horribly strange sometimes, trying to comfort and assure others they are not alone when I feel so desperately alone.

And so I read. Like a madwoman in the night, I read everything and anything, searching for that other lonely writer to reassure me, tell me I'm not alone. I need to know that's true: I am not alone. And unless I can find those words, all the other words in creation will never be enough.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment