Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Unfinished Poem

~Note from Kelly~
I was cleaning out some folders in my computer and I found this poem. I wrote it in June, though I have no memory of writing it. It's still unfinished, mostly cause I don't remember where I was going with it.

I guess my phone woke me up.
A text sent from Facebook
to tell me someone commented on a picture.
It tore me from a dream about the impossibility of family
that I still don’t understand.
I’m hot and sweaty.
My Superman shirt is clinging to me
but I guess that’s what you get
when you sleep with a ten pound furry dog
who insists on always laying right next to you
all night.
I remember there was a wedding in my dream
but the weather sucked.
It was hazy, foggy,
a sickly tan hue hung everywhere
but the wind was howling in every direction
and I didn’t want to go.
to the wedding, that is.
And not because of the weather
but because I hate weddings.
that’s a fact
(not just a dream fact.)
Besides, in my dream 
my cousins were in town for some reason
and they all had a million and one kids
I had to take care of.
Don’t get me wrong, I like kids.
Just not that many.
My dad was angry in my dream.
I’ve been dreaming about him a lot lately.
In every one he’s mad.
I don’t know what that means,
if it means anything.
It’s almost noon.
I should get out of bed.

Love you.
Mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment