Wednesday, May 4, 2011

#18: What was the best day of your life?

October 16th, 2010.

I was at my friend Jon's apartment. He and I were siting in the living room, along with his brother, Michael, and his two other roommates, Martin & Justin. We weren't doing anything, really. We may have watched a movie earlier but the t.v. was off now. We were just talking. I don't even really remember about what but I remember that it was more personal than any previous conversations we had ever had (meaning, that all five of us had had together. Jon and I had talked personally before but only when it was just us two).

I remember being really comfortable, relaxed. There was this feeling of security that I hadn't felt in a long time. And then it hit me. It was the same feeling I used to get when I'd hang out with everyone at Sean's house back in Cedar City, that sense of trust and belonging, I never realized how much I missed it. I honestly thought I'd never feel that way again, I'd never feel like I belonged. And there I was, feeling like was finally home.

It was the best day of my life because I knew I was going to be okay. Even though I had lost everything when I moved back home, there was a good chance I could find it again.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment