Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanks for Making Me Laugh

I don't know if you remember me. We really weren't friends, just casual acquaintances who happen to be in the same class. I mean, if it hadn't been for what's-her-name calling out my name as I walked by the ELC building, I don't think we would've ever spoken.

You and her were sitting on the bench outside the ELC building. I was walking from the Braithwaite building and she called out my name. I turned and she said something about wanting to let me know she wasn't personally attacking me in class when she made a comment about something I said. I laughed it off and said I didn't feel that way at all. I ended up talking to you two for a good bit. Even when she left, you and I continued to talk. I don't remember about what, exactly. I just remember enjoying it and laughing a lot.

I began to look forward to seeing you and talking to you after class. We always had fun when we'd talk. I started to think that maybe you were the type of person that could be good for me. When we'd talk about your mission to Austria and where you stood in regards to the church at that time in your life all seemed to echo my own life. It always feels so good to find someone who feels the same way you do on certain subjects, especially if those feelings are not the norm.

I don't know if you ever got my note explaining why I had to leave. Timian said she'd deliver it but I don't know if she ever really did. It's probably for the best. It was written only an hour after I lost everything. I was a mess and the note probably didn't make sense, if it was legible at all. I sometimes wonder if you noticed I stopped showing up to class, and if you did, if you wondered what happened to me. I wonder how long it took until you forgot about me all together.

I confess, I sort of forgot about you until today. I don't know why I suddenly thought of you. Maybe it was the hat I bought the other day. I decided to wear it and the first thought in my mind was Professor Nozomi, or however you spell her name. She wore a hat that was a little like the one I was wearing. It unfortunately gave me an instantaneous dislike for the hat (which is a pity since I do look decent in it). It was her class that was the cause of us meeting at all. It's weird how that works sometimes.

I doubt we'll ever see or hear from each other again. But where ever you ended up, I hope you're doing okay and that you're happy. I hope one day you do write stories for video games, like you always wanted to.

Thanks for making me laugh, James. Even if it was only for a few weeks.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment