Saturday, May 14, 2011

Key to Insanity

Goddamnit, I hate the weekend.

I know. There's something wrong with me if I hate the weekend. Everybody loves the weekend. It's a chance to go out and party it up. It's a chance to get caught up on all the things you kept putting off all week. It's a chance to sleep in or watch all your tivo'ed shows.

If my weekends were like that, then, yeah, I'd like them too. Hell, you'd be stupid not to like the weekend if that's what they consisted of.

But that's never my weekend.

My weekend is two days of being stuck with myself. I mean, when I'm at school or work or in the Newsroom, I have things to do, people to talk to, tasks to accomplish. It gives me purpose. It gives me a sense of belonging. But more than anything, it gives me something for my mind to focus on. But take all those things away, and all I'm left with is my thoughts.

You want to know how to go insane? It's easy. Just get a mind that is constantly infected with thoughts of isolation & loneliness, of anger & hostility. And then make it so you can't escape. Become afraid of your own mind. That's the key to insanity.

And I have that for two days every week.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment