Friday, June 1, 2012

Please save me from the monsters

I sometimes send out late night texts to certain people. I'm sure everyone has done something similar. We do it for various reasons. Me? I'm just looking for someone to talk to, even if it's through communication's most empty form.

I hate the night. Facing nights alone is almost unbearable.

When you were really little, you believed monsters came out at night. Monsters always come out in the dark. That's why you were so afraid of the dark. When you got older, you stopped believing that because you were too old to believe in monsters anymore.

When you reach adulthood, you realized monsters are indeed real and they do come out at night. But they aren't the gouls & demons in physical form that frightened you as a child. No. They are the thoughts that haunt you, torment you, those memories you can't seem to forget. The reality of your mortality is a monster, as is the knowledge of your loneliness and the fear of insanity.


So when I reach out & send those texts late at night, no matter what I write, I'm only saying one thing: Please save me from the monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment