Saturday, November 20, 2010

Feelings of Thanksgiving

Turkey time is upon us, folks.

This year is different than most in my family because we are celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday instead of the traditional Thursday. I don't really know why. It was a decision made by one of my mom's sisters (there are three of them). My immediate family is going to have a Thanksgiving-esque meal on Thursday as well but without the turkey. We're opting for honey baked ham, which I always thought was way more delicious.

Anyway, Thanksgiving is a time where we Americans are suppose to look at our lives and be grateful for the things we have and enjoy. I've done something similar to this earlier this year. But in order to keep with tradition, I'm going to do it again.

I'm grateful for the friendship of Jon Timothy. He's one of the main reasons I've adjusted so well to living back home.

I'm grateful for my parents, especially my mama, for being there for me when I needed them.

I'm grateful for Sean Kendall, my Numero Uno, for putting up with me and sticking by me.

I'm grateful for the chance I've had to be the assistant culture editor for the Review. It's been a lot of fun and has kept me blissfully busy.

I'm grateful for Mindy Haward for being a great editor and for being so awesome to work with.

I'm grateful for my improv group, What's So Funny? I've made some great friends and have had a lot of fun.

I'm grateful for Joe Willis for his continuing inspiration and for giving me hope in my life.

I'm grateful I have a job and it's a fairly enjoyable one as well.

I'm grateful for Dr. Mark Crane for his continuous patience with me and for helping me like UVU just a bit more.

I'm grateful for Reynolds Augustus Johnson, who has been a loyal friend and confidant for going on three years now.

I'm grateful for Dr. Alan Hansen for his help and support

And I'm grateful for Ralphie for being such a good pup.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment