Saturday, September 25, 2010

As Said By Jared Leto

I just got back from the 30 Seconds to Mars concert. I was there to write an article about the event for the Review. I had a freaking blast. The best part was lead singer, Jared Leto. They guy was awesome. Here are some of the quotes I was able to write down during his performance.

"This is the best crowd we've played for the entire tour so far." -p.s. this was the first show of the tour.

"I want everyone to jump so high and so hard we put a crater here."

"You in the back, you'd better jump. I will come down there and straighten you out if I have to."

Stops the song to point out people who are not jumping- "You! Guy in the white shirt with his arms folded, what the fuck is wrong with you???"

"I love every single person in here. Thank you so much!"

"Hey guys. Uh, anyone have any requests?"

"That was beautiful. Thank you so much. "

After audience attempts to sing a super high part of the song "Yeah Yeah Yeah."
"It's pretty fucking high, isn't it? Now you see what I have to go through every single night. I think the only people who can hit that note are, pardon my language, people who don't have a penis or testicles...or people like me who wear really tight pants."

"This next song is off our new album. If you don't own it, shame on you. Shame on you. I give you all permission to go home and steal it."

"I'd like to dedicate this song to someone very special to me. All those out there (points to the crowd) , the dreamers, the wishers, the believes, and those people who have been with us on this dream. You're all lovely. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

"I want to take a picture of you all right now and put it up on my twitter."

"Should I put it up now? What should I write? Kings & Queens of UVU. "

"This song is for the mosh pitters cause they look like they were having fun."

"I want to go on record, this night has been on of the best shows ever. We're going to come back and do this again really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, soon."

"God, I love it here."

"Yell hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Now jump your asses off!"

"From all of the 30 Seconds to Mars family, we will never ever forget you."

"Did you guys have fun seeing New Politics? (one of the opening bands) They're really nice. Did you know they're from Denmark? The Danish are nice people. Just watch out for your wallet."

"Look at her nose! (Points to girl in the crowd) Holy fucking shit! She must have been moshing hard cause her nose is broken & bloody & shit. Let's get this girl on stage. Let her through, let her through. She's covered in blood and who wants to touch that?"

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. See you guys soon! THANK YOU!!"


My new life goal is to one day be as cool as Jared Leto.

Love you.
Mean it.

1 comment: