Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Kind, Forgiving, Charitable, Pleasant Time. Part 3

(In case you missed it, Part 1 & Part 2)

"...I have always thought of Christmastime, when it has come round...as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men & women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, Uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"
-Fred from A Christmas Carol
by Charles Dickens

Leave it to Charles Dickens to be able to express my love of Christmas a billion times better (and a million times more concisely) than I ever could. I guess that's why he's Charles freaking Dickens. 


Merry Christmas & God Bless Us, Everyone. 


Love you.
Mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment