Friday, November 5, 2010

Quotes from Russia

This weekend I'm getting together with the girls I went on my Russian adventure with for Miki's bridal shower. I decided to finally type these up. They may not be funny for many people but to us, they are hilarious.

"Do you mean home or home, home, home, home, home?
-Kelly

"Heil Hitler...Wait, I'm on a German plane!"
-Maggie

 "There are dark clouds, darker clouds, I don't want to go outside clouds, second-coming clouds..."
-Katy

"Look! I've got boob pockets!"
-Maggie

"Yay! ILP actually works!"
-I don't remember who said it but it was funny.

"It's not like Korea, which is the Mexico of Asia."
-Tharon

"The battery died. You always got to remember to add oil to your lamp so you can move on."
-Elder Henderson when the translator headphone things died.

"I love your name. It's not Liza or Sonya or Nastya, or Sasha or Dasha or Masha. It's just Maggie..."
-Elder Maxwell

"And Klim...Klim is just stupid."
-Kelly complaining about her class.

"Please me point!"
-Every single Russian student

Elder Henderson: What are you guys doing?
Elder Clements: We're having an 'I miss America' party.
Elder Henderson: Why didn't you invite me???

"I used to walk down the street thinking, 'I'm going to turn right' then I'd go left and think, 'Ha! I tricked God!'"
-Elder Henderson

Every Missionary: Where are you from?
Kelly: I was born & raised in Provo, Utah.
Every Missionary: I LOVE PROVO!
Kelly: No, no, no. You only know about 200 yards of Provo from the temple to the MTC. That does not count!

"Sometimes I wish I was a thief. I think it would be fun."
-Miki

"I'm going to tie her to a chair and make her be my friend!"
-Victoria about Kelly

"Welcome to the world of everyone but us."
-Katy

"Are we going to die?"
-Kelly, in a British accent, before we crossed an extremely busy road.

Katy: Look! You never see boys holding hands.
Kelly: They're probably queer.

"How can I steal secret glances at you if you won't stop staring at me???"
-Miki

"That looks churchy."
-Katy

Maggie: I have to write a talk on the atonement.
Kelly: Just BS it.
Maggie: I can't BS the atonement!!!

Someone: Are we going to work out every day, Sharla?
Sharla: Every damn day!

"We'll have a sign taped to her chest...I don't know what it would say...something witty."
-Tharon

"I can't tear my eyes off those pants!"
-Tharon about Victoria's pj's

"Neyet, sheyet."
-Miki

"I wouldn't frolic if I were you."
-Kelly

"Kishkuman was the Godfather of the Book of Mormon."
-Miki

Katy: It's easy to stay the king when you are the king.
Amaryah: Unless you're in the Book of Mormon.

"He sounds like a fruit."
-Miki about the metro PA system guy in Moscow

"He thinks you're from England. Go with it."
-Dani

Miki: That was more than Hagan-Das!
Kelly: You keep saying that.

Victoria: Where is that scar from, Tharon?
Tharon: Alabama.

"...if you're queer."
-Miki, Maggie, & Kelly's response to nearly everything.

"I just graffettied"
-Maggie

"It's times like these where all you can think is..."
*she then plays the song 'Oh Well' by Fiona Apple on her ipod*
-Miki

Elder Clements: How do you guys drink water?
Maggie: We boil it.
Elder Clements: What are you, boy scouts?

Miki: With our powers combined, the power of my wit, Katy's energy, Victoria's animation, Dani's strength, Amaryah's consideration, Maggie's charisma, and Kelly's indifference, we have...
Maggie: The perfect person!
Kelly: Well, that was anti-climatic...

"My favorite thing about Russia is me and my least favorite thing is you."
-Maggie

"It's like you from moon."
-Sveta

"Your country sucks!"
-Kelly, yelled out the window at the passersby during a snow storm.

"You Americans are silly. You're like, 'We're free from Europe! We're going to do things crazy!'"
-Sveta on the American cooking measurement system. 

Love you.
Mean it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment