Saturday, April 9, 2011

#12: What is the most attractive thing that a member of the opposite sex can wear?

Okay, bear with me cause this may get confusing.

The most attractive thing a guy can wear is a suit. Now, not just any suit will do. When I say a suit, I do not mean an off-the rack at Sears suit. I mean a nice tailored suit that fits him perfectly. The tie and shoes must match the suit and, for God's sake, no novelty ties. Those are always, always a bad idea. If I see a guy wearing a tie that has a pattern of footballs or what-have-you, I don't even bother.  We are adults, gentlemen. It's time to start dressing like one.

I also like little details that are different or legitimately vintage. This may include a vest, a pocket watch, cufflinks, a newsboy hat, a scarf, etc. Little details like that subtly show off his personality and own style.

Now, what's even more important than the kind of suit the guy wears is the attitude he has when he wears it. There must be an air of formality, since suits are not to be worn just any time. But, as always, a casual feeling must be dominant. That's why the little details like a vest or a newsboy hat are so important. It shows that the guy owns the suit, not the other way around. So many times I find guys wearing suits but it's so obvious they are uncomfortable in their attire. It's as if the suit owns them. If you're going to wear a suit, you'd better goddamn rock the hell out of it. It's like me and a dress with heels. I don't wear them very often (actually, hardly at all) but when I do, I wear them, I own them, and I rock them. Commit to your attire. And if you're not comfortable in it, don't wear it. Period.

Love you.
Mean it.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of Brad Pitt in Oceans Eleven. He wears a suit the whole time and looks so good!! I totally agree with this post. You can never say no to a guy in a nice suit.

    ReplyDelete