Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The End Is NEAR! (as in really freaking close!)

Life is funny sometimes. You just go about your day, la-de-dah-la-de-dah like and then WAH-BAM! You realize that the semester ends next week and you have a To (freakin) Do list that is longer than you are tall. I mean, where the hell did that come from???

Anyway, yes, the end is upon me. I do have a huge To Freakin Do list, most of which is assignments for my ethics class. This includes ten hours of mandatory volunteer work (let's allow a moment for the concept of "mandatory volunteer work to sink in) and I have yet to do one hour. I also have papers to write for that class, one of which was due today. I also have my portfolio for my creative non-fiction writing class due sometime next week. That's going to screw me over. And, of course, I have a comprehensive physics final exam looming over my head.

But fear not, faithful followers of Kelly's blog. I have not posted without some good news. I'm now a writer for the UVU REVIEW (that's the newspaper for those of you playing the home game). I write for the Culture section, under the guidance of the Culture Editor, Andy, who is a much cooler guy than he sounds (if he sounds way cool, he's even cooler than that!). I submitted my first 'piece,' which was on UVU's first improv club called, "What's So Funny?" I think I'm going to like writing for the REVIEW. It gives me something to do anyway.

Also, Thursday's date is 6/17/2010. That means it's my half-birthday! Huzzah! I conferred with my parental figures (it sucks I need their permission now that I'm again living under their roof) and have decided to have a celebration. I'm quite excited.

That's all that is going on in the Wonderful World of Kelly. Ya'll might not hear from me for a while. After the semester is over, I'm going to the Happiest Place on Earth, which is Yellowstone. Disneyland can't hold a candle to Yellowstone. Anyway, that's where I'll be so try not to be too jealous.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment