Sunday, January 30, 2011

#95: What are some of your good & bad qualities?

"Some artists shrink from self-awareness, fearing that it will destroy their unique gifts and even their desire to create. The truth of the matter is quite opposite."
-James Broughton

I think Mr. Broughton here is right. As I've stated before, I've dedicated my life to the pursuit of truth and sometimes that includes the truth about myself. I know I am not perfect but I also know I've got some good things going for me. So without further ado, here are some good and bad qualities about myself:

(Okay, here's a little more ado. I've been debating on how best to present these qualities. I could list all of the good & then all the bad (or vise-versa) but I didn't like having all of the bad clumped together (too depressing) or all the good clumped together (too conceited). So it shall be presented thusly: A quality that is preceded by a POS- is positive. A quality preceded by NEG- is (obviously) negative. If it is preceded by UNK- it means I'm still deciding if it's a good or bad quality. I'm going to try to switch between POS & NEG every other one. Okay, Ado is officially over)

POS-I'm intelligent & have a quick mind.
NEG-I am no good a forgiveness. 
POS-I have an incredibly soft spot in my heart for dogs, babies, and children.
NEG-I hate teenagers.
POS-I'm extremely passionate.
NEG-I give much too much weight to first impressions.
POS-I'm stubborn as hell.
NEG-I'm stubborn as hell.
UNK-I am a morning person.
POS-I don't believe in lying.
NEG-I put my foot in my mouth on a daily basis. 
POS-I try to be open-minded as much as possible.
NEG-I talk too much. 
UNK-The most productive part of my day (if I wake up for it) is between 5 a.m. & 9 a.m.
POS-I love adventure & trying new things.
NEG-I am easily bored & irritated.
POS-Nine times out of ten, I am incredibly reliable. 
NEG-One time out of ten, I will flake out on you.
POS-I believe in keeping my promises. 
NEG-I talk too loudly.
POS-I am fiercely loyal to my friends. 
NEG-I generally hate girls & have probably less than ten close girlfriends. 
POS-When it comes to my future career, I care more about helping people than about money. 
NEG-I will probably be poor my whole life.
POS-I have a really dorky side & apologize to no one for it. 
NEG-Once a person has lost my trust, it's nearly impossible to get back. 
POS-I will drop anything and everything if a friend needs my help. 
NEG-If I don't want to do something, there are few things on God's green Earth that can make me do it. 
POS-I'm prideful.
NEG-I'm prideful.
POS-I have a habit of remembering random details of an event or a person.
NEG-I am a harsh judge of character, even more so if it's a girl.
POS-I am inspired to create change for the better & help people.
NEG-I have no pokerface. 
POS-I am hilarious. 
NEG-I am sarcastic.
POS-I am sarcastic. 

That's all for now, I suppose. Let me know if I've missed any. 

Love you.
Mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment