Sunday, May 15, 2011

Why I Love Augustus Johnson: A Texting Conversation.

Kelly: So I’m working on an article about the different women’s roller derby leagues in Utah. It’s shaping up to be a cool piece with scandal, corruption, betrayal, etc.

Gus: Any sex appeal?

Kelly: If you like empowered women who look somewhat like Slavic gymnasts who could kick your ass, then yes. Lots.

Gus: Empowered women? Slavic I could deal with. Violent, meh. But empowered? That’s taking it one step too far. I prefer my women well subjugated.

Kelly: Remind me to punch you in the neck next time I see you.

Gus: Ahhh! They’re rubbing off on you! Quick! Read some BoM! Do some dishes! Put on a 50s outfit. This calls for desperate measures.

Kelly: Hahahaha. I used to have a very sexy 50s dress but it got lost in the move, along with three other very sexy dresses.

Gus: Hmmm...A sexy 50s dress? Good...Objectification is a step in the right direction. Empowered women... *Shudder*

Kelly: *Neck punch via text!*

Gus: Ouch! You know, I’m glad you’re my friend. I’m glad we talk. ... Even if you aren’t the perfect picture of feminine subservience.

Kelly: I’m glad you’re my friend & we talk too, even though you’re an effeminate chauvinist.

Gus: Effeminate? WTF? Me? I’m the quintessential model of machismo and masculinity. Dangerous. Intimidating. Dripping with testosterone. *Strikes manly pose.*

Kelly: Let’s face it, honey. If you’re macho manly, then I’m dainty, delicate, submissive, and stupid.

Gus: Hey! I’m manly! What are you implying, Miss Cannon? Just cause I occasionally indulge in breaking gender boundaries doesn’t mean I can’t be macho too. *pout*

Kelly: Manly men don’t pout. Point Kelly.

Gus: Uh... I meant to write... *Punt!* Like football. Manly men, uh, play football.

Kelly: Kelly: 1 Gus: 0

Love you.
Mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment