Friday, August 6, 2010

#26: What Would You Consider To Be A Perfect Date?

In all honesty, the simpler, the better. I really dislike any date than involves huge, complicated plans that require precise timing and exactness. It usually leads to my date spending more time worrying about the actual date then in just spending time with me. This is probably why I hated school dances so much. Way too complicated with the day-date as well as the evening dance. If it was a formal/semi-formal dance, I'd have to spend the evening in a dress I more than likely don't like because of its "modesty" or in other words, its boxy, generic cut that flatters no one or because I'm not comfortable in clothing like that. No matter what I wear, I want to be comfortable. This doesn't mean I don't like to dress up and occasionally look sassy/flirty/sexy/etc. But when I do, it will still be in my classic clothing mentality: I'm a jeans, t-shirt, converse kind of girl.

So back to the perfect date idea.

He would pick me up, obviously. He'd come inside and not just honk the horn or call me because that's what a gentleman/guy with any guts does. He'd bring me flowers. Call me old fashioned, but I'm a sucker for flowers. But not roses. Roses are so formal, archaic, stiff, solemn, and depressing. They remind me of either stupid old soap operas during cliche romance scenes or funerals. Both of which I don't want to think about on a date. I prefer daisies, sunflowers, chrysanthemums, or any flower that looks happy to exist. But, please, spare me the carnations. I hate them.

He'd then drive me to his apartment where he has been preparing dinner. It doesn't have to be anything truly fancy. If he knows how to make a mean cheeseburger, I'd be thrilled. We'd sit and eat and talk. This is the most important part. I love talking to people and it's the only way I know how to really get to know them. Hopefully our conversation would cover a variety of subjects and I would find it both intellectually simulating as well as enjoyable and relaxed.

After dinner, we both do the dishes and then settle down on the couch to watch a movie. Ideally, he'll know me well enough to know my taste in movies. We'll watch something bad-ass, with guns, explosions, fighting, etc. preferably involving the mafia somehow but I'm not picky. We'll cuddle on the couch while still keeping a casual feel about the night.

After the movie, we'd go for a late night walk. Here we would talk some more but about deeper, more personal things that are too rich for dinner conversation. These types of talks are the kind that help me feel emotionally connected to a person. We'd talk and not be afraid to say/confess anything.

When he'd take me home, he'd walk me to my door and kiss me softly on the cheek. Even with all of his laid-back self confidence, kissing a girl still makes him nervous.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment