Sunday, July 17, 2011

Of God, Water, and an Orange Towel

Wrapped in an orange towel,
I was sipping cold water from a Christmas mug
My curly hair was piled on top of my head
dripping water down my neck.
I looked like shit.
Worked for six hours
before jumping in the shower
with your roommate,
a guy I only care about
when I don't hate his guts.

Later,
after I was dressed
still sipping water
still dripping water
we discussed literature & history
and you asked me if I believe in god
while your roommate,
my occasional lover,
brooded in the corner
and said nothing.

That night
alone in my room
I dreamt we shared your twin sized bed
and we paid no mind
to the outside world,
to your scornful roommate.
It was just us,
as if it had always been just us.

When I awoke, I realized
I forgot to ask if you believed in god.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment