Monday, September 6, 2010

You're a Puzzle I Can't Solve

Your last message has me worried.

You said you were having some issues and you couldn't talk for a while. You said you would explain it all later. I don't want to pry into things that aren't my business, but now knowing what's going on or if you're even okay is torturous.

You probably think I'm being silly. We barely know each other. Or rather, we don't know each other well enough to warrant me worrying like this. We see each other for two hours once a week and most of that time is spent pretending to be other people. It hasn't given me much to go on and texts exchanged at night are providing me with very little insight. You're like this puzzle that I'm insatiably intrigued by, partly because you are a puzzle I can't seem to solve. So many people I can read and figure out fairly quickly. After that, if I continue to spend time with them, it's because I like them. It's that initial intrigue that catches me. It's liking them that keeps me. But you, you continue to perplex me. I can't figure you out. And the harder I try, the more intrigued I become.

What I'm trying to say is no, I don't know you.
But I want to.
In no uncertain terms, I want to understand you. I want to figure you out.
Because I have this feeling that you may be one of the only people really worth figuring out.

Love you.
Mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment