Tuesday, August 17, 2010

#55: What have been your various nicknames throughout your life?

I haven't really had that many nicknames in my life. Kelly is a pretty short name to begin with so there really was no immediate urgency to make it easier to say.

My dad calls me Jell. This comes from Kelly rhyming with Jelly and Jelly being shortened to Jell. It's always entertaining when my dad calls me Jell in public. People give us odd looks. It's great.

My mom calls me Kellygirl. I don't really know why.

Lucas Bueno once called me Kells. That was the first time anyone not related to me gave me a nickname.

I didn't have any others for a while. Then I met Amber McNew. She'd call me Kill-lee Ca-non.  That's my attempt at writing how it's pronounced. It's just putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable.

I had a guy in college named Charles who started calling me Kellykins. He did it to just annoy me but it stuck, unfortunately.

Love you.
Mean it.

1 comment:

  1. fang fang (the a is short) is my Chinese nickname, it's the last character of my Chinese name, doubled. Almost no one calls me that anymore, except Rhead.

    ReplyDelete