Sunday, April 22, 2012

Atheist's prayer

O Deity Whose Existence I Doubt,

If I were a praying person (which I am not), I would thank you for this beautiful day. It's quite lovely outside. It's warm and sunny, the quail are eating the birdseed I left out for them, my mom's tulips are in full bloom. If you had a hand in creating this day (which you probably didn't), thank you for doing such a fantastic job.

I would also thank you for my family, especially my parents. They're both just wonderful. I owe them a lot. No matter what I've done or what has happened, they have stuck by my side and refused to part with me. The only reason I believe in unconditional, unending love, it is because I have them as parents. 

If I were a praying person (which I am not), I would also thank you for my friends, O Deity Whose Existence I Doubt. I have some of the best friends in the world. They are funny, kind, supportive, and fiercely loyal. They are there for me when I need them and vice versa. I couldn't ask for any better. If you somehow made it so I was friends with these people (which you probably weren't), I thank you.

O Deity Whose Existence I Doubt, if I were a praying person (which I am not), I would ask that you bless me with the strength to finish this semester strong. I have two huge essays to write and an exam to study for so if you could somehow help me with that (which you probably can't), I'd be very appreciative.

If I were a praying person (which I am not), I'd ask you for help with one more thing. I'm still trying to find a job. If you could (but you can't), please help me find a job soon. Again, I'd be very appreciative. 

I guess that's everything, O Deity Whose Existence I Doubt. Thank you again for everything. 

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment